Flood Law and Congress

The United States Congress maintains a law which requires all properties within the 100-year floodplain that are purchased with a federally backed mortgage to carry flood insurance.

Such federally backed loans include:

  • FHA
  • VA
  • FmHA (Rural Development / Department of Agriculture)
  • Subsidy Mortgages (state and Federal)

Others are possible…

Be certain that your home is properly insured, whether privately or federally. A flood can wipe away everything.


Buy a subscription

Buy a subscription

just for yourself.

Give a subscription

Give a subscription

to someone

who might need help

building or remodeling.

Tell a friend about this website

Tell someone

who needs to see HBT.